The P4XM extends the IO capabilities of the powerful P4X VMEbus cpu
board through the possibilty of using up to four MA-Modules or M-Modules.
The pair P4X / P4XM permits the construction of compact and low cost
- The P4X M-Module carrier is equiped with four MA-Module slots.
- M and MA-Modules can be used.
- Single, double or triple modules can be installed on the board.
- MA-Modules permit 24 bit addressing and a 32 bit wide data path.
- Every slot can be used for D32 transfers.
- One of the slots can be programmed to use A24 transfers.
- One slot can be programmed to use DMA transfers.
- All features (except trigger lines) are configured by software. No
jumper settings are needed.
The SimTech products are manufactured using
high quality components. Each board is submitted to a 12 hours burn in.
- 4 MA-Module connectors available
- the following table shows the features available for each slot :
||40 pin module connector
||60 pin module connector
||8 bit addressing
||16 bit addressing
||8 bit data size
||16 bit data size
||32 bit data size
||module with software-end-of-interrupt vector
is supplied by P4XM
||module with hardware-end-of-interrupt vector
is supplied by P4XM
||module with hardware-end-of-interrupt with
vector transmission from module
(*) only one module may be programmed to use A16,A24 at a time
(**) only one module may be programmed to use DMA transfers at a time
- one P4X interrupt line for all four M-Module Slots
- vectorization by M-Modules supported
- internal vector generation for modules that do not support vectorization
- round-robin arbitration between modules for interrupt acknowledge
P4x address mapping
- the P4X chip select line csext* is used for M-Module A16/A24 "memory
- the P4X chip select line csextio* is used for M-Module slots 1-4 "io
accesses" and board configuration
P4x DMA channel
- may be routed to one of the M-Module slots.
- trigger lines of adjacent modules can be connected by means of a jumper
P4x Mezzanine Card Slot Connector
- plugs directly into P4X Mezzanine Card Slot
- complete asynchronous bus
- IDMA channel
- interrupt channel
- bus request / grant channel (not used by P4XM)
- only the +5V supply is required for normal operation.
- +/-12V are needed when the installed M-Modules require them.
- card height 233,4 mm (9,2 in.)
- card depth 160,0 mm (6,3 in.)
- the front panel is prepared to recieve up to four M-Module DSUB-25
- front panel height 261,8 mm ( 10,3 in.)
- front panel width 39,6 mm (1,6 in.) P4X with P4XM installed
- the front panel is electrically isolated from system ground. It can
however be connected to ground by means of two jumpers.
- operating temperature : 0° C to + 60°C, forced air cooling
P4XM P4X M-Module carrier
Data sheet version 1.1